Thanks so much! I’ve been doing the NFE since 2010 and have never been disappointed. Despite the character-centric match up, the fact is, I’m pretty agnostic as to characters for the NFE. Whatever we've been matched on, don't worry because I like just about anything and what I don't like has to do with tone and characterization, not particular characters. From my previous prompts, you can glean the following:
What I love:
- UST; witty banter and snark; Politics, finance or military strategy; World War 2; Worldbuilding; Gap-filling; Culture clash (within Narnia or Narnia vs. Spare Oom); healthy, normal, romantic relationship between consenting adults (canon pairing or OC); someone being extraordinarily clever and getting out of a jam; any Narnian (Pevensie or otherwise) observed from a third person point of view.
- A happy ending, delightful characterization, and to laugh at least once
- Pagan and/or mythological influences;
- Adults and old souls in young bodies;
- A Narnia with creaky wheels, the faint smell of manure, grass stains, open windows, and lots of animal hair that everyone is too polite to comment upon
- I prefer humor over angst and sex over violence.
- Cross-overs! With Bujold universe, either Chalion or Vorkosigan; I’ve also developed an unhealthy focus on Peter and Eowyn, Lucy and Aragorn, and Susan and Eomer. I’m more agnostic about Edmund and Faramir. Anyone and dragons. Lucy as a Time Lord; Susan with Sarah Jane Smith or Peggy Carter. Marvel Universe is great, too. Edmund slumming with Barton and Natasha; Peter as a Howling Commando. Warehouse 13 or Harry Potter. Polly, Digory, and classic ACD Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Watson.
- AU and canon divergence is great too. A Golden Age > 15 years, so, therefore I'd love an AU look with adult Pevensies, OC consorts, and the next gen.
- Similarly, I’d love a Spare Oom AU with a happily ever after and no train crash
- I did request Lucy or Aravis centric stories but if that doesn't interest you, I love any fem-centric work. I love Hwin, Mrs. Beaver, Polly, Jill, and Susan as well. I like the guys, too, particularly Peter, Edmund, Digory and Eustace. I'm more interested in periods other than the Telmarine era onward and really I'd be very happy if you just ignore TLB completely.
What I definitely don't want in my fic: it's a short list but pretty strongly held: explicit m/m (everything else is OK); excessive angst, gore or violence; any dub-con whatsoever (Rilian & Lady of the Green Kirtle (OK); Susan written as "Fallen Away From Narnia because of Lipstick and Nylons"; Lucy sidelined or being protected by her overbearing big brothers and worry-wart sister